Last week we discussed what the term Purpose actually means.
Today we follow on that conversation by looking more deeply at the difference between purpose, mission and vision. These terms can often be confused, especially in a work and corporate environment.
In this episode I talk about:
- What a mission statement is and why you should consider having a purpose statement instead
- How your vision works in conjunction with your mission and purpose
- How a great vision can bring people in your organisation on a journey into the future with you
- Case studies of organisations trying to implement a culture in line with a purpose, mission and vision
Today’s Get on Purpose Action (GOPA):
Take some time this week to reflect on whether your work purpose or mission is clear? Do you connect with it?
Write down the answers to these two questions:
- What is the purpose of your work?
- What is the purpose of the broader organisation?
Links mentioned in the show:
- OzHarvest – http://www.ozharvest.org/
- On Purpose book – https://karentjames.com/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/onpurposehub
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/KarenTJames
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/onpurposehub/