Today I am joined by John Beckett founder and CEO of Seed. His passion is helping individuals and organisations to develop and articulate a clear sense of identity and purpose, and to find the places where their own stories fit within a bigger purpose.
John is the Founder and CEO of Seed. His passion is helping individuals and organisations to develop and articulate a clear sense of identity and purpose, and to find the places where their own stories fit with ‘God’s purposes’. Too often people feel like living a life aligned with God’s purposes is too difficult to grasp, so John developed Seed as a vehicle to help give people the agency, support, resources, networks and confidence to create a new chapter to their stories. His hope and prayer is that Seed will help many to step into their purpose, for the sake of the world.
Prior to founding Seed John was engaged in working for social change as National Director of Micah Challenge Australia for almost 6 years. John led and developed a growing coalition of Christian development agencies, churches and individuals to campaign on multiple issues affecting the global poor. He has a Masters in Theology from Regent College in Canada.
John lives in Sydney with his beautiful wife Allie and three daughters.
In this episode:
- John shares his blueprint of his purpose of living God’s purpose for him and to serve others and implement social change.
- How John lives his purpose of helping others through his organisation Seed. Seed is an enabler and incubator for social and cultural change that aligns with God’s purposes for the world.
- The importance of having a deep understanding of ourselves through stories and how we use those stories to frame ourselves to the outside world that creates your foundation.
- Why it is important to align yourself with everything you do through your deep foundation story.
- What daily practices John uses to stay in alignment and lead his team.
- The importance of trusting in your feelings to stay in alignment with your purpose.
- Why you need to find courage to let go of things that don’t serve you.
- The importance of a supportive network and community when making changes.
- How to use social media to engage and join in the conversations in the areas you want to change.
- Using data to support your intuition and decision making processes.
- Measure outcomes and impact, not activity.
- Why John recommends carving out time for imagination to enable change and big thinking.
- The 10 minute challenge – how can I serve the people in front of me for the next 10 minutes.
Today’s Get on Purpose Action (GOPA):
- Ask yourself who am I and what story are you telling.
- Spend time imagining something different.
- Do the 10 minute challenge three times before the New Year.
Links mentioned in the show:
On Purpose book – https://karentjames.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/onpurposehub
Twitter – https://twitter.com/KarenTJames
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/onpurposehub/